Sunday 22 June 2014

a makeup look : Chanel Spring/Summer Haute Couture 2014 runway makeup


I instantly fell in love with this makeup look when I saw it. I love the simple cat-eye liner and the glitter liner for the bottom lash line. It was simple yet so beautiful. I decided to re-create the look using affordable products which can be found in the drugstores.




Lets start with the eyes. For the black liner, I used Essence's Eyeliner Pen and drew a thick line and winged it out. For the glitter liner, I used Sephora's Mascara & Eyeliner (its a duo) in the shade Sassy Silver and applied it all over my bottom lash line. For cheaper alternatives to the glitter liner, you can use Maybelline's Colorshow crayon khol in Shiny Beige (which is less in-your-face) or Nyx's liquid crystal liner in Crystal Hip. I also used Maybelline's The Falsies mascara. 


I primed my face with Benefit's That Gal primer and the Porefessional. For my foundation, I used Mac's Studio Fix Fluid in NC15 and set it with Maybelline's Dream Matte powder. For blush, I used Nar's Doucer (review here). For the brows, I used Maybelline's masterbrow in grey.

I couldnt really tell what lipstick the models were wearing as it sorta looks like they werent wearing any lipsticks at all. So I mixed two Mac lipsticks, which are Creme Cup and Creme D' Nude.

Thats it! Its really simple to recreate this look and you can even use it as an everyday or for a special occasion makeup look. 

Thanks for reading! xx

2 comments:

  1. The silver under your eyes makes your eyes look amazing! Such a pretty look x
    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete