Sunday 8 June 2014

a weekend edit : MAC eyeshadow in Star Violet



 I recently bought my first ever MAC eyeshadow in the shade Star Violet. It is a purplish-pinkish-brownish colour which is absolutely gorgeous. It is a Veluxe Pearl finish. I wanted an eyeshadow which isnt brown but I am not very adventurous when it comes to eyeshadows. So when I swatched this, I thought it was perfect!


 Under the sun, its more pink than purple on me. Indoors, I can still see a hint of pink and purple but its mostly brown. The colour is so pretty and I cannot do it any justice by describing or showing it in pictures. You have to go to a MAC store and swatch it to truly see how beautiful it is.



It applies smoothly and its very pigmented and buttery. I use the MAC 217 brush and it makes applying this eyeshadow a breeze. I like to either apply it as my lid and crease colour, or use Urban Decay's Suspect on my lids and Star Violet in my crease.


It cost RM 65 (with the casing) and RM 49 if you buy it in a pan.

Overall, I am so happy that I bought this colour and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a something-different eyeshadow colour. I look forward to expanding my eyeshadow collection with more MAC shadows.

Thanks for reading! xx

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, I adore your blog so much! :)
    I LOVE this post! What a gorgeous color, I love how you applied it only at the edges of your eyes!

    I’m your newest follower on Bloglovin' :).. Hope you can follow back!

    xo,

    Julia

    http://exploresmore.com
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12308011

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey! thank you so much for reading and your lovely comment!
      of course i will follow you back on bloglovin :)
      i love your blog btw! xx

      Delete