Friday 20 November 2015

a review : Bourjois Healthy Mix Correcting Concealer



Bourjois is well known for their Healthy Mix Serum and Foundation in the makeup world so I decided to try the healthy mix correcting concealer. This concealer claims to "soothes away dark circles and imperfections for a visibly rested and radiant look. It is available in 3 shades and its glide-on formula blends onto the skin for a natural result, with no marks."

This concealer comes in a tube packaging which is easy to use and hygienic. You can easily control the amount of product you want to use. However, colour selection is very limited to 3 shades, and all 3 shades are fairly light in colour. 

I'm not a fan of this concealer after a couple of uses. Although it provides medium coverage and claims to be buildable, I find that my skin starts to look cakey after applying the second layer. I need to layer it quite a number of times to get my desired coverage. My skin will feel sticky and it doesn't sit well throughout the day, especially in humid weather. However, it does last longer on your skin if you use a primer or set it with powder. When I applied it under my eyes, it settled into the fine lines, even after setting it with powder. It also doesn't cover dry patches but instead, it emphasised any dry patches I had.  

If you have oily skin or live in a humid country, I think this concealer wouldnt be suitable for you. Overall, I personally wouldnt repurchase this concealer nor would I recommend it as I believe there are better drugstore alternatives. 

Thanks for reading! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment