Friday 5 September 2014

a month in favourites : august


I am so sorry for not posting for the past two weeks. Im currently in the middle of my exams and it will only end next friday. But I still prepared my August favourites and Im excited to share it with you guys!

makeup :

1. Tarte clean slate poreless primer. I wont talk too much about it as I have reviewed it (review here). I love this primer as it really does help my makeup last for the entire day.

2. Mac Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder. I use this as my last step in my makeup routine  (i do set my concealers with a different powder). It sets my makeup in place and it kinda does keep me matte for a little while. But I just enjoy using this powder because my makeup will last and it helps to blur any pores since its finely milled. It also doesnt leave any white cast or cause flashbacks in photos.

skincare :
Glamglow supermud clearing treatment. I have been using this every night as a spot treatment for the past month. I bought this because my skin has been freaking out on me for the past two months. I bought this mask hoping that it will get rid of my breakout and I have to say that Im a little disappointed. Although it did help to reduce the size of any acne, it did not make the acne totally go away. So im still left with lots of smaller spots and scars. However Im still testing it out because my skin is starting to calm down and it could either be because of the mask or the Cetaphil cleanser. But its still in my favourites because it did reduce the size of the acne.

random :
1. Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede Cologne. I cannot do it enough justice by typing it out but I'll try. I am absolutely in love with this perfume! I love the smell of it. Its sweet, florally, and feminine. To me, its the ultimate "girl perfume". I also really love the smell cause its quite unique from other perfumes. Unfortunately it doesnt last long on my skin, but in its defense, all perfumes cant last on me, so thats okay. However, it does last on my clothes for a whole day! I am just loving it and will cry when it runs out (its so expensive..). I would totally recommend it to anyone who is looking for a new perfume.

2. C.O.S. bag. (If you have not heard of this brand, COS is a brand under the H&M group) I received this as a gift from my sister a few months ago. I've been using it religiously every time I go out because it goes with everything! Its a simple, minimalist, black leather bag with a simple silver zip. It also has a thin strap and it doesnt hurt your shoulders after a long day. I just love how simple yet sleek this bag is and I will continue loving it for years to come.

thanks for reading! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment